Today, we are going to talk about group promos and their important use. You know what a swap is and group promo isn’t much different.
What is a group promo?
It’s basically a swap with many authors in it. Usually, they have a common theme such as “Halloween books” or “Sweet romance” or “KU books.”
- In group promos, all authors must share the group promo at least once in their newsletter.
- Dates. The promos don’t ran forever so you can only share on the according date.
- Sometimes, there’s a specific list number requirement.
- Ex.: Accepted lists from 1k+
- Some group promos are specifically designed for KU, 99 cents or even free books.
Types of group promos
Sales: This kind of group promo is for books at a reduced price
Giveaway: This group promo is to attract readers to your other books so it’s best if you submit a part of your first book of your series or a reader magnet. That way, you get readers and subscribers.
Kindle Unlimited: Only books that are in KU will be accepted.
What do I do?
On the days of the promotion, you put the banner and the link and you send it like a normal book 🙂
Where do I find them?
So are group promos a newsletter replacement?
It’s up to you. You decide whether you want to use social swaps in lieu of newsletters or as an additional tool to reach more people.